- Digital Programs
A central mission of The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life is to conduct research that investigates the performative power of cultural heritage. The rich and diverse holdings of The Magnes are broadly available for viewing, study, and research.
The Magnes provides a number of ways in which scholars, students, and teachers may access resources related to Jewish art, culture, and life.
Accessing the Magnes Collection
- For descriptions of the holdings of The Magnes collections, consult our Collections page
- For information about accessing these holdings for on-site research, study, or teaching, consult our Collection Services page.
Ask Reference Questions
Reference questions may be submitted to Magnes curators by using our Online Reference Request Form.
- magnes.org The Magnes website contains extensive online resources, including images, audio, video, digital programs, and selected access to many of the collections.
- magnesalm.org The Magnes collection database is highly searchable and includes detailed descriptions and images of thousands of items in the collection.
- oskicat.berkeley.edu The UC Berkeley Library catalog includes extensive records of the Western Jewish Americana archives and of other Jewish collections on campus.
- magnes.org/digital-programs Interactive online projects.
- Flickr.com/magnesmuseum Browse collection images.
- Web resources for Jewish Studies Resources on the UC Berkeley campus and beyond related to Jewish life and culture.
Information on how to ask reference questions, access the Helzel Collection Study Room, and obtain permissions to reproduce images of the holdings of The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and ...
The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life is based on the holdings of the former Judah L. Magnes Museum, one of the first Jewish museums in the United States, founded in Berkeley in 1962 ...
The Academic Resources made available by The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life include sources and materials created by The Magnes staff, collaborative projects with other ...